Re: [fhctech] Legitimate Heritage Quest access blocked at FHC

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 22, 2009
      If you use the https://www.fhc.familysearch.org/ link you shouldn't need any
      login, assuming:
      1) your FHC qualifies for access through the portal.
      2) the security certificate is current. If the computers have DeepFreeze and
      have not been thawed to run the updates, that could be a problem. As I
      recall, if the certificate needs to be updated you go to
      http://www.fhc.familysearch.org (that is http, no "s") and follow the help
      link at the bottom.

      If you want to access HQ using your outside library access then you need to
      do so WITHOUT using the portal URL. If the Church's filtering is what is
      preventing you from using
      http://rpa.santaclaracountylib.org/rpa/webauth.exe?&lb=SantaClara&rs=HQONLINE
      then you need to contact support and request that the Santa Clara Library
      site be whitelisted. Ditto for the other library.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2009
        Thank you, Gary and James.

        I don't believe we qualify for access through the portal. At least I've never been able to get it to work.

        I can access the HQ site at home with no problem, it's just blocked at the FHC. Sounds like I need to get it onto the whitelist.

        Thanks!

        Kathryn