Program that interacts with Inventory Manager

  • lucy_whitehead
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
      A few years ago there was a program that would interact with Inventory Manager. Patrons could use the program to see a list of what films they had ordered or to see what films were at the FHC on extended loan on whatever subject they were interested in.
      We lost the program when our old computers were replaced and no one can remember what it's name was.
      Can you tell me where to obtain this program or even just what its name is?
      It was not written by the inventory manager people but you could download it from the old tech site.
      Thanks so much, Lucy
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
        Sounds like Inventory Viewer:

        http://www.fhctech.org/fhc/networking/iviewer.htm

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
          And along with the program, you need to follow the instructions for setting
          up the web server, however there is a problem with that right now. If you
          have the new Sophos firewall and anti-virus installed it will block the web
          server. Salt Lake is working on a fix but I haven't seen any word that it
          has happened yet.

          > A few years ago there was a program that would interact with Inventory
          > Manager. Patrons could use the program to see a list of what films they
          > had ordered or to see what films were at the FHC on extended loan on
          > whatever subject they were interested in.
          > We lost the program when our old computers were replaced and no one can
          > remember what it's name was.
          > Can you tell me where to obtain this program or even just what its name
          > is?
          > It was not written by the inventory manager people but you could download
          > it from the old tech site.

        • Lucy Whitehead
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2009
            Thanks.  I appreciate the answer and the extra info.

            Lucy