Security System Update

  • rhensign2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009
      Early in June an announcement was made by the Church as follows:

      "Sophos Security Suite to replace Symantic Antivirus - The Church is stopping the use of Symantec as of June 30, 2009. We are now going to be using Sophos for our anti-virus software. We have been spending time working on it to make sure we have a successful deploy. The automated deployment will be via LANDesk and will be a completely silent install. This package will automatically uninstall Symantec Antivirus."
      There has been some delay getting this out. We do have it on one computer. Symantic will still be used until the change, but no further updates will be available.
      If you have any questions about this I suggest you conatact Family History support.

      Richard Ensign
    • Dana Repouille
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009
        If the silent install doesn't work, you can still use the visible install
        through the LANDesk Software Portal. I've been doing that for the past two
        weeks on systems I have recently wiped and installed Desktop 5.8.

        Dana in Omaha

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2009
          While it does say "the church" I've seen no evidence that's true on
          the administrative computer side. While the admin computers do have
          LANDesk, I've not seen any evidence that it's active. So far, only
          with Family History computers have changed Anti-virus.