Image Wizard not printing

  • Lisa Baker
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hi all,

      Having a problem with Image Wizard, 2 days ago I was able to print images that were scanned. Then yesterday it stopped printing. I can print from other programs (Word, notepad, even a test page) on the same computer, just not from Image Wizard. I've tried as administrator and patron, neither works.

      When we try to print the print window comes up and I select the printer, there is a brief flash of the printer icon in the system tray but nothing prints.

      We have our printers connected to the network using a print server, and like I said I can print anything I want from Word, Notepad etc.. just not the scanned images. I even tried hooking a printer directly to the computer attached to the scanner but Image Wizard would not print to it either.

      Today I un-installed Image Wizard and downloaded a new copy from LanDesk but that didn't fix our problem.

      Any suggestions before a put a call into tech support?

      Lisa Baker
      Hemet, California, FHC
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 3, 2009
        Have the printer drivers been updated? What you describe is a known
        problem with IM when printing to HP printers using newer printer
        drivers. We're still waiting for a fix. If you print using a older
        driver such as a HP Laserjet 4, it works.

        On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Lisa Baker<BakerFamily78@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Having a problem with Image Wizard, 2 days ago I was able to print images that were scanned. Then yesterday it stopped printing. I can print from other programs (Word, notepad, even a test page) on the same computer, just not from Image Wizard. I've tried as administrator and patron, neither works.
        >
        > When we try to print the print window comes up and I select the printer, there is a brief flash of the printer icon in the system tray but nothing prints.
        >
        > We have our printers connected to the network using a print server, and like I said I can print anything I want from Word, Notepad etc.. just not the scanned images. I even tried hooking a printer directly to the computer attached to the scanner but Image Wizard would not print to it either.
        >
        > Today I un-installed Image Wizard and downloaded a new copy from LanDesk but that didn't fix our problem.
        >

        > Any suggestions before a put a call into tech support?
        >
        > Lisa Baker
        > Hemet, California, FHC

      • simonsen
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 3, 2009
          If the image you are trying to print is larger than the memory of the
          printer this happens.
          You might want to lower the DPI.
          Richard Simonsen
          Santa Maria California
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 3, 2009
            Russell,

            We had the same non-printing issue recently and I used your suggestion to
            change to a laserjet 5 driver. That corrected the problem. Then this week,
            with no other changes by me, the problem has come back. That indicates to me
            that it is one of the updates pushed by LANDesk that has caused the new
            problem. When a program that was working suddenly stops it is almost always
            an environmental change and not some corruption in the program itself.

            The question is what has LANDesk installed this week on the DI systems?
            Changing the A-V program has been ongoing. Anything else?

            Gary

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 3, 2009
              I guess I better check that ours is still running. The first thing
              I'd check on your system is that you are still running the LaserJet 5
              driver. Windows may have decided to update the driver to more closely
              match the printer.

              And thanks for the correction on the driver. When I wrote that I was
              thinking 4 was the most recent.

              On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Gary Templeman<gtempleman1@...> wrote:
              > Russell,
              >
              > We had the same non-printing issue recently and I used your suggestion to
              > change to a laserjet 5 driver. That corrected the problem. Then this week,
              > with no other changes by me, the problem has come back. That indicates to me
              > that it is one of the updates pushed by LANDesk that has caused the new
              > problem. When a program that was working suddenly stops it is almost always
              > an environmental change and not some corruption in the program itself.
              >
              > The question is what has LANDesk installed this week on the DI systems?
              > Changing the A-V program has been ongoing. Anything else?
              >
              > Gary

            • Miles Meyer
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 3, 2009
                Ours stopped working the other week also. However, it is on a computer
                that is not networked. So I don't know what might have changed there.

                Miles Meyer

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 3, 2009
                  It's working again!

                  Had my son the computer guru look at the computer today and it was the printer driver, (printer is HP 1200) he installed the older driver and was able to print with no problems. I'll have to keep an eye on this in case it happens again.

                  Thanks for the ideas.

                  I noticed someone asked about LanDesk pushing new stuff, I have one machine with a new firewall/anti virus is this replacing Norton?

                  Lisa

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
                    On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Lisa Baker<BakerFamily78@...> wrote:

                    > I noticed someone asked about LanDesk pushing new stuff, I have one machine with a new firewall/anti virus is this replacing Norton?

                    Yes, it's replacing Symantec. Norton is a different product that's
                    never been a part of the FHC.

                    Glad it's working.
                  • Dana Repouille
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
                      Our Image Wizard + is printing fine with the PCL 6 driver on a LaserJet
                      1300.

                      Dana
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
                        Symantec and Norton are basically the same thing. Some years ago Symantec
                        bought Norton and I believe the Norton engine is used in the Symantec
                        branded products..

                        Gary

                        >> I noticed someone asked about LanDesk pushing new stuff, I have one
                        >> machine with a new firewall/anti virus is this replacing Norton?
                        >>

                        > Yes, it's replacing Symantec. Norton is a different product that's
                        > never been a part of the FHC.
                        >
                        > Glad it's working.

                      • Dana Repouille
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
                          Symantec Corporation was founded in 1982 by Gary Hendrix with a National
                          Science Foundation grant. Symantec was originally focused on artificial
                          intelligence-related projects, including a database program. Hendrix hired
                          several Stanford University natural language processing researchers as the
                          company's first employees. In 1984 Symantec was acquired by another, even
                          smaller computer software startup company, C&E Software, founded by Dennis
                          Coleman and Gordon E. Eubanks, Jr., and headed by Eubanks. The merged
                          company retained the name Symantec, and Eubanks became its chief executive
                          officer. Its first product, Q&A, was released in 1985. Q&A provided database
                          management and bundled a word processor. In August of 1990, Symantec
                          purchased Peter Norton Computing a developer of various applications for
                          DOS. Symantec's consumer antivirus and data management utilities are still
                          marketed under Peter Norton's name.
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
                            On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Gary Templeman<gtempleman1@...> wrote:
                            > Symantec and Norton are basically the same thing. Some years ago Symantec
                            > bought Norton and I believe the Norton engine is used in the Symantec
                            > branded products..

                            It's like saying a Chevy and a Cadillac is the same thing. They come
                            from the same company, but they are different grade of product. The
                            church uses (used) Symantec Anti-virus, Corporate Edition. The Norton
                            name is the "home" grade.
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
                              I think the OP was using Norton more generically, kind of like the way we
                              use the term Kleenex. While that was technically incorrect and not very
                              precise, the point is that the old program is being replaced. What we call
                              it is not very relevant anymore.

                              Gary

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 4, 2009
                                There's a couple of reasons I'm being picky. First, not everyone
                                knows that others treat Symantic and Norton as synonyms and may get
                                confused. After all, it doesn't say "Norton" anywhere on the product.
                                Second, whenever "Norton" is mentioned, it's not too infrequent that
                                someone will start off on a rant about horrible experiences they've
                                had with the product. When questioned, it turns out the product they
                                are talking about is indeed "Norton" and not Symantec. Last, while
                                FHCs are moving off of Symantec, there has been no such announcement
                                for the Administrative computer side. So those of us who are Stake
                                Technology Specilists, still deal with Symantec.