Re: Browsers

  • slowpoke84754
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2009
      --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "kathryngz" <kgrant100@...> wrote:

      > The computers in our FHC are running MSIE 6.0.2x. Two questions:
      >
      > 1) Is there any policy that prohibits upgrading to IE 7 or 8? (I realize there are other considerations, but someone thought upgrading might be against policy)
      >
      > 2) Is there any policy that prohibits installing other browsers such as Firefox?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Kathryn

      Regarding Internet Explorer 8.0:
      I called Salt Lake last week and was told by FHC Support that the only program that is compatable with Version 8.0 is NewFamilySearch, so do yourself a favor and don't go newer than IE7. And yes Mozilla has some advantages, but KEEP IE7 as your default browser, for making shortcuts etc. Geneline will not work unless IE is DEFAULT.

      Have a Wonderful.

      Alma
      Monroe Utah Stake FHC
      slowpoke@...