RE: [fhctech] Re: Presidential Pedigrees

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 12 , May 21, 2009
      200 law suits pending in the courts seem to indicate that this issue is far from dead.

      Message 2 of 12 , May 21, 2009
        Let's calm down and stick to the worm that hit MANY FHCs Thursday night...  If no one can tell me of a Democrat since FDR who got reelected.. it's a non-issue.

        Message 3 of 12 , May 22, 2009
          On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Alan Whitcomb <alan.whitcomb@...> wrote:

          > Let's calm down and stick to the worm that hit MANY FHCs Thursday night...
          > If no one can tell me of a Democrat since FDR who got reelected.. it's a
          > non-issue.

          Whoops!!! My apologies to the list. I thought I was on a different
          one. Anyone who wants to continue the presidential debate is welcome
          on the ldsforum list (also on Yahoo groups). Such political
          discussion of off-topic here.

          Again. my apologies.

          Yes, Lynn has indicated that SAV is giving a false positive on various
          files. Updating the virus definitions will fix that. I'm waiting to
          see if there is any lasting damage. Our systems reported finding
          "W32.Botou" or "Trojan.Ozdok".
        • Larry Jackson
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 22, 2009
            Ron Taylor (two months ago):

            This makes me wonder why the thorough documentation of our current
            president has not been made available with verified sources.

            Has anyone knowledge of this work being done or finished somewhere?

            _______________

            Done and delivered. Thanks for asking. [grin]

            http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/family-history-presented-to-president-barack-obama-by-church-president-thomas-s-monson
            http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Statement-from-the-President-after-meeting-with-Senate-Majority-Leader-Harry-Reid-and-leaders-of-the-LDS-Church/

            (Sorry, I don't know how to make those cute little short links.)

            Larry Jackson
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 23, 2009
              Rather than spending time on Obama's genealogy, I wish the FH Department
              would take the time to clean up and correct various Church president's
              genealogy. As an example, do a search for Lucy Mack, spouse Joseph Smith.
              The first two entries have different birth dates and places. Click "Go To"
              on either one to see the pedigree, and every ancestor family on that page
              has the snowflake signifying multiple parents. I find it embarrassing that a
              Church so committed to genealogy does not have a clean, official record for
              our first prophet entered into nFS.

              > This makes me wonder why the thorough documentation of our current
              > president has not been made available with verified sources.
              >
              > Has anyone knowledge of this work being done or finished somewhere?
              >
              > _______________
              >
              > Done and delivered. Thanks for asking. [grin]
              >
              > http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/family-history-presented-to-president-barack-obama-by-church-president-thomas-s-monson
              > http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Statement-from-the-President-after-meeting-with-Senate-Majority-Leader-Harry-Reid-and-leaders-of-the-LDS-Church/
              >
              > (Sorry, I don't know how to make those cute little short links.)
              >
              > Larry Jackson

            • Ron Taylor
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 23, 2009
                Thanks Larry for the link to the White House item...but "Show me the money".  Where can I see copies of vital record certificates?  As Geoff Rasmussen often states, "Genealogy without documentation is mythology".  Was this presentation accompanied with some actual research?
                Ron Taylor

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 23, 2009
                  Right to the point Gary.  With all the professional and experienced genealogists in our midst...we should be able to get it right.
                  Ron Taylor

                  > This makes me wonder why the thorough documentation of our current
                  > president has not been made available with verified sources.
                  >
                  > Has anyone knowledge of this work being done or finished somewhere?
                  >
                  > ____________ ___
                  >
                  > Done and delivered. Thanks for asking. [grin]
                  >
                  > http://newsroom. lds.org/ldsnewsr oom/eng/news- releases- stories/family- history-presente d-to-president- barack-obama- by-church- president- thomas-s- monson
                  > http://www.whitehou se.gov/the_ press_office/ Statement- from-the- President- after-meeting- with-Senate- Majority- Leader-Harry- Reid-and- leaders-of- the-LDS-Church/
                  >
                  > (Sorry, I don't know how to make those cute little short links.)
                  >
                  > Larry Jackson

                  > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/fhctechYah oo! Groups Links

                • Larry Jackson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 23, 2009
                    Ron Taylor:

                    Thanks Larry for the link to the White House item...but "Show me the
                    money". Where can I see copies of vital record certificates?

                    _______________

                    I suspect this was not really directed to me, but I will answer it
                    anyway. I have no clue. I saw the articles and remembered that someone
                    had asked about it here, so I sent them on.

                    Having never been a president (of the United States) and received one of
                    these pedigrees, I have no idea how much documentation is included.

                    And as for nFS, don't get me started. I have not been able to do much
                    with it yet, what with browser problems, having a dozen relatives who
                    dumped in a dozen versions of my pedigree, etc. And I do not have a
                    very fast connection, and the last time I tried to use the program, it
                    just kept timing out. So I will be patient and do other things while
                    they work on getting it fixed.

                    But, that is fodder for another thread.

                    Larry Jackson