RE: [fhctech] Win32.Brontok worm

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2009
      Make sure it's not the false positive that Lynn Shaw's email referred to before bothering to try to remove a virus that may not actually exist on your system. For those of us running Deep Freeze, these kinds of things are non-events anyway. A simple re-boot fixes the problem. If you are not running Deep Freeze, you should be. Deep Freeze lets you sleep better at night!
      Dan Vester

      Date found:  Thur, May 21, 2009

      Another window popped up:
      Full Scan started..... ...
      Risk: Trojan.Fakeavalert
      Action:  Reboot Required- Partial
      Count: 19
      Filename:  jaeio234556. exe

      I have never, in all the years I've worked here, had problems with any virus or anything.  Isn't our protection from SLC supposed to prevent this?  I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and can't deal with this right now.  What can I tell the director to do while I'm gone to take care of this?  How could we have gotten this if we keep everything up to date?

      Thanks for any advice.  I've been under enough stress from dealing with taking care of my parents ailing health right now to be faced with this now.  I don't use Symantec at home and am unfamiliar with it.

       http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/fhctechYah oo! Groups Links

         http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/fhctech/

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional