Trouble Accessing Family History Center Services

  • kathryngz
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
      Hi all,

      When I go to http://fhc.familysearch.org and click "Enter Family History Center Services," I get "The page cannot be displayed."

      So, per the instructions on fhc.familysearch.org, I tried running PortalCfg.exe. (I tried both the Open and Save options.) In both cases, I get to the point of downloading the certificate, then it fails. I get the following message: "There was an error with LANDesk. LANDesk is unable to communicate with the Family History servers. It may be a client-side problem (LANDesk is not completely installed, or Internet connectivity is down) or it may be a server-side problem. Please contact FamilySearch Support for assistance."

      Internet connectivity is not down, because I can access other pages. LANDesk shows up on my program menu, so it appears to be installed (whether completely, though, I can't say :) )

      Does anyone know how to resolve this problem, or can you point me to resources? I called Support, but the person I got did not seem to know very much about computers :)

      Thanks!

      Kathryn
    • John Jacob Jinglehimmer shmidt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
        Call support and tell them you need to talk to Tier 3 support about landesk.

        --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "kathryngz" <kgrant100@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > When I go to http://fhc.familysearch.org and click "Enter Family History Center Services," I get "The page cannot be displayed."
        >
        > So, per the instructions on fhc.familysearch.org, I tried running PortalCfg.exe. (I tried both the Open and Save options.) In both cases, I get to the point of downloading the certificate, then it fails. I get the following message: "There was an error with LANDesk. LANDesk is unable to communicate with the Family History servers. It may be a client-side problem (LANDesk is not completely installed, or Internet connectivity is down) or it may be a server-side problem. Please contact FamilySearch Support for assistance."
        >
        > Internet connectivity is not down, because I can access other pages. LANDesk shows up on my program menu, so it appears to be installed (whether completely, though, I can't say :) )
        >
        > Does anyone know how to resolve this problem, or can you point me to resources? I called Support, but the person I got did not seem to know very much about computers :)
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Kathryn

      • Barb Gruhl
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2009
          is all the info filled in? unit no., FHC email addy, Tech's name, contact phone number?

          Barb
          "Search for Your Ancestors, Do not Leave Them in the Dust"