FH Resource File Viewer 4.02

  • jeppsonjf
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2009
      I have read several posts about needing version 4.02 inorder to run FH resource File viewer on XP. I have gone to my sets of disks for 1880 US census and 1881 British Census and other sets of disks but all I can find is version 4.0. Can anyone help me find a 4.02 version?

      Thanks
    • Barb Allen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2009
        Viewer 4.02 is available with the 1881 Canadian Census and the British Isles Vital Records Index.  It cannot be purchased separately.

        Barb, former FHC support missionary

        I have read several posts about needing version 4.02 inorder to run FH resource
        File viewer on XP.  I have gone to my sets of disks for 1880 US census and 1881
        British Census and other sets of disks but all I can find is version 4.0.  Can
        anyone help me find a 4.02 version?

        Thanks

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:fhctech-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:fhctech-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • jeppsonjf
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2009
          Thanks for your help. I have found the 4.02 viewer, however now when I try to access the British Isles-second edition data I still get a message that says I need to load version 4.02. I have checked the about dialog and it says I am running version 4.02.

          Thanks again

        • mkitchen@juno.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 2009
            From: "jeppsonjf" <jeppsonjf@...>
            To: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [fhctech] Re: FH Resource File Viewer 4.02
            Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:01:02 -0000

            The British Isles Vital Records Index, Second edition comes with the Viewer program labeled version 4.0, but it might be 4.02. Disk 1 of that set (also labeled Births and Christenings A) has an update folder in the root directory. In that folder is a file called update.exe.
            Run that file to update the viewer to the latest version. When I start the program, in the blue area above the Church title it says:
            "Version 4.02 1/31/02"

            Merlin Kitchen

            Can't pay your bills? Click here to learn about filing for bankruptcy.
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTLjhaqHDebQEuyzsxeYatxCH0z7wmQBH7rXFskVH2lPxKxKxkKdkE/