RE: FS Indexing Software

  • Jill Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2009

      Hello all,

      Update on what was needed.  I finally called FH Support.  I needed to go into Java through Control Panel and delete the Temporary Files.  As easy as that.  Viola!!  It worked.  It amazes me everytime that we look for something difficult to fix the trouble and it was as easy as that.

      Thanks for the input all,
      Jill in CA

      Re: FS Indexing software

      Posted by: "Gary Templeman" gtempleman1@...   gtempleman97330

      Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:09 pm (PDT)

      A few thoughts.
      Have you turned off as many other running programs as you can, including
      anti-virus?

      Have you checked to see that there are not a bunch of Java versions
      installed? If so I would uninstall (in reverse order) all of them, then
      install only the latest version (build 12) before doing the indexing
      installation. Always good to reboot after one install or uninstall before
      doing another.

      If you have already done those things, have you contacted the indexing
      support people? http://www.familysearchindexing.org/support/support.jsf