Pedigree Resource File (PRF)

  • slgoodrich
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9 9:11 AM
      I have installed PRF on one of our computers and set it up to work on
      our network. In the admin login it seems to work just fine. However,
      in the "Patron" login it does not show me any cds when I click on
      Pedgrees option in program. It is empty. I have done the client
      installation through PRF and MI setup.exe files and also enabled
      networking via the floppy. Cannot understand why the patron
      (poweruser)cannot see the cd like the admin login can.
    • mkitchen@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9 10:20 AM
        Provided you can do a search:
        Search for any name. (It does not matter which name.)
        Go to the CD that it is on (it does not matter which CD.)
        Do a Scan (it is in the menu line.)
        That will create a file with the CD's listed.
        Merlin Kitchen

        Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
        Shop now at http://offers.juno.com/TGL1141/?u=http://www.ftd.com/17007
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9 10:24 AM
          PRF maintains the list of CDs for each user. That's why you can't see
          it as Patron. There is a function in the toolbar to do a scan. Run
          that as patron and then all should be well.