MLS question

  • Jill Holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2008
      Hello all,
      I am the director of a FHC and myself and my stake financial clerk have been working with MLS to get our deposit processed and having a bit of trouble with it.  My stake financial clerk is very familiar with MLS at the ward and stake level and knows that ours is a bit different for the FHC.  But we still can't get it to work.  Before I begin on what is not working, I want to let you know that it has been installed correctly, all updates have been updated and I am able to access other areas of MLS without any trouble.

      So here we go.  I want to enter in my deposits.  SO I go into Enter Income/Donations to begin the process.  I have added my doners/customers and have entered in their check numbers and $ amts.  I have also entered in my cash.  The problem seems to lie in the fact that the left column doesn't want to compute on the right column.  Even when I try to put my cursor in the Other catagory, it will not let me.  It seems whatever donor shows on the left side 'at the time' is the only transaction that computes on the right side.  (When my financial clerk tries, it doesn't work either.  And when I got into Help, it is for ward help and not for the screen I am looking at.)  When I try to save and go to the next screen, it tells me that there is an error because the slips don't match the amount.  And that is because it doesn't catch it.

      When I have called Salt Lake before, I get voice mail and the center is about 20 miles from my home so I was wondering if anyone has encountered the same issue here that can be of assistance.  I sure hope I made sense here.

      Thanks for any help,
      Jill Holmes in CA

    • simonsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2008
        I just installed MLS Finance only at our FHC about a week ago
        and have had no trouble. To get started we talked to a very
        cooperative and knowlegeable person at MLS in SLC.
        His name is Arron Griffin, his number is 1-800-537-5932
        extension 25476. He will get you going in no time.
        Sincerely,
        Richard Simonsen
        Santa Maria California FHC