PRF and Windows Vista

  • jbmarcum
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30 12:44 PM
      Has anyone tried to install PRF under Windows Vista? When I start the
      setup process, it is using the UNC instead of the drive letter, so
      consequently it cannot find the path to the PRF files. Anyone else
      had this problem?
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30 12:51 PM
        No, I haven't tried under Vista, but the problem sounds like an old one.

        What "path" did you use when you went to install PRF on the client?
        The reason I ask is because the program will use the "route" that you
        used to get to the Setup file and remember it. You can install from a
        URL, but it won't run. You have to install from not just a mapped
        drive, but from the mapped drive you want PRF to use.

        On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:44 AM, jbmarcum <jbmarcum@...> wrote:
        > Has anyone tried to install PRF under Windows Vista? When I start the
        > setup process, it is using the UNC instead of the drive letter, so
        > consequently it cannot find the path to the PRF files. Anyone else
        > had this problem?

      • jbmarcum
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30 12:56 PM
          I have the PRF cds located on J:\PRFViewer which is a NAS. Windows
          Vista displays this as \\NAS-816A\PRFViewer, and when you run the
          setup for MI, or MI_B, or PRF from the NAS, the UNC is what shows up
          in the window as to where the installation files are coming from.
          But the program will not allow you to change this.

          --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Hltn" <RussellHltn@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 30 1:37 PM
            It's normal for the OS to say something like "PRFViewer on NAS-816A
            (J:)" in "My Computer". But what happens if you browse to the J
            drive? What shows up in the title/toolbar? Is it J: or \\NAS-816A ?

            If it's converting a map to a UNC, then that's a problem. I suppose
            there may be a way to turn that "feature" off - at least temporarily.

            You might also want to contact Peggy LeBlanc, pleblanc at progenysoftware.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 30 5:39 PM
              Yes, that is exactly what it is doing. I was hoping someone else
              might have run into this problem before I contacted her. Thanks,
              Russell.