Freeware alternative to DeepFreeze?

  • dpippin81
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27 12:18 AM
      2 questions, first, if our FHC would like DeepFreeze does our
      center have to buy the full price license for each computer ourselves?
      Second, is there a cheaper alternative to DeepFreeze (i.e. freeware)
      which others have read about or tried?

      Thanks,
      *.*.*.-_-_-.David Pippin.-_-_-.*.*.*
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27 2:06 AM
        If you look under your LANDesk settings, you should see that you can
        download DeepFreeze at no cost to your center.

        On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:18 PM, dpippin81 <dpippin81@...> wrote:
        > 2 questions, first, if our FHC would like DeepFreeze does our
        > center have to buy the full price license for each computer ourselves?
        > Second, is there a cheaper alternative to DeepFreeze (i.e. freeware)
        > which others have read about or tried?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > *.*.*.-_-_-.David Pippin.-_-_-.*.*.*

      • Lynn Shaw
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2008
          Thanks Russell, for always providing good information.

          David, the Family History department has purchased about 1200
          licenses of the full enterprise version of Deep Freeze for any
          family history center to use. Once those 1200 licenses are used,
          we'll increase the license count purchased.

          There are two Deep Freeze packages available via LANDesk. One is
          the full Deep Freeze software, including manuals and recommended
          suggestions for how to configure it. The other is an automated
          install that is preconfigured and requires very little configuration
          on your part. You can use either one.

          The license count is tracked via LANDesk... So you can download
          Deep Freeze and begin using it at any time.

          I sure hope that no centers out there are continuing to pay for Deep
          Freeze themself... We tried to make it clear that the Family
          History department was taking over paying the cost of the license
          and maintenance as a service to any center that wants to utilize it.

          Lynn

          --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Hltn" <RussellHltn@...>