Re: Deployment Portal Password

  • si02x
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 28, 2008
      Since I started this thread, I'd like to thank Lynn for the
      explanation of how things work and the solution to original issue. I
      went straight to the policy based delivery and I'm downloading my
      requested downloads. This is a great resource for help and thanks to
      all, again.

      John Roe
      Fairbanks AK FHC

      --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Templeman" <gtempleman1@...> wrote:

> [...]
    • Larry Jackson
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 5 8:32 AM
        Start
        Control Panel
        Administrative Tools
        Computer Management
        System Tools
        Local Users and Groups
        Groups
        Power Users

        Look for the login there to see if they are a Power User (sometimes
        called a Super User). If not, add the login to the group.

        There are easier ways to do this, but I do not remember them.

        And I think everyone might be off to conference. Should be a solemn
        assembly in 30 minutes.

        Larry Jackson
      • Patty Gaddis
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 5 10:53 AM
          Thanks, Larry. I'll try this when I go back.

          Patty

          At 11:32 AM 4/5/2008, you wrote:

          >Start
          >Control Panel
          >Administrative Tools
          >Computer Management
          >System Tools
          >Local Users and Groups
          >Groups
          >Power Users
          >
          >Look for the login there to see if they are a Power User (sometimes
          >called a Super User). If not, add the login to the group.
          >
          >There are easier ways to do this, but I do not remember them.
          >
          >And I think everyone might be off to conference. Should be a solemn
          >assembly in 30 minutes.
          >
          >Larry Jackson
        • Lynn Shaw
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 8 3:33 PM
            The IP Addressing scheme used are "private" IP addresses that anyone
            can use, so its no guarantee that the requests would be originating
            from FHCs. Plus when the PIX firewall / web filtering project was
            implemented, the scope of the VPN that was setup as a part of the
            PIX implementation, is only for administrating the PIX configuration
            and not for normal IP traffic. So neither of these services can go
            through the PIX VPN to the corporate network, but most go out to the
            public Internet instead.

            At one point their was a desire to set up as many FHCs with a static
            public IP address... but some how this was not communicated
            successfully to those implementing the WAN links to FHCs and so most
            (98%??) are all dynamically configured IP addresses instead. So the
            use of static IP's won't work either.

            wrote:

            > Bro. Shaw,
            >
            > Since all Internet connections in FHCs are required to use the
            approved
            > Church filtering, and since AFAIK the PIX units all use IP
            addresses
            > assigned by the Church, is it possible to configure LANDesk and
            the various
            > services to not operate unless the traffic is routing through the
            Church IP