Unique Identifier Code (UIC)

  • rkatschke
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2007
      Unique Identifier Code (UIC)

      PAF, as well as RootsMagic, Legacy, Family Tree Maker, TMG, etc., use  a unique identifier code. I use a home written genealogy program (in Delphi, thank you) and would like to incorporate a UIC similar to the one used in other genealogy programs.

      It does not appear to be a simple Windows UUIC or MAC as the number of characters are different.

      How is this code developed or is there a open source code (in any language) that can be used as a model.

      Roy

      Genealogy without Sources is Mythology