Re: {Disarmed} [fhctech] network.exe for windows xp

  • Skier
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 24, 2007
      This network.exe?

      http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/network.exe-12680.html

      On Mon, September 24, 2007 7:09 pm, Carl wrote:
      > My tech guy is totally frustrated with Global Support. Do any of you have
      > the file network.exe (that's what it's called for windows 98 and 2000) for
      > windows xp? That's about all I know about it. Help. Thanks.
    • Bob Hegerich
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 24, 2007
        Network.exe is the name of the executable that you need to run to unlock the pedigree Resource File when the CD's are installed on a networked drive.

        Is that what you are looking for?

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 24, 2007
          If you are trying to get PRF to run on a network, you need to contact SLC for the program, instructions and license required to do that.  We have been asked NOT to share the program or passwords between FHCs.  (And I'm not sure as Global Support is the right place.  I think they support the network itself, not the apps.)

          I seem to remember reading that the program and/or license key has changed recently.  So you may have to go back to SLC to get a newer one to install the new disks.
        • slw
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 25, 2007
            You need to contact the FHC support folks, just got it from them a few
            weeks ago. Asked them to send it to you in an email and I had it in about 2
            hours. Super Support.

            Numbers I have are 1-800-346-6044 Select Option 2 or 1-800-453-3860

            Sterrie

            FHC

            Newport News, VA

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 25, 2007

              Yes it is.  We have that works for 98 and 2000 but not for XP.  Can you help us out?

              Carl

              brot@...

              Network.exe is the name of the executable that you need to run to unlock the pedigree Resource File when the CD's are installed on a networked drive.

              Is that what you are looking for?

              -----Bob H-----

              On Mon, September 24, 2007 7:09 pm, Carl wrote:
              > My tech guy is totally frustrated with Global Support. Do any of you have
              > the file network.exe (that's what it's called for windows 98 and 2000) for
              > windows xp? That's about all I know about it. Help. Thanks.

            • Michael Tvedtnes
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 25, 2007
                You need to contact the World Wide Support team in the Family History department. They can be reached at 866-406-1830.

                Michael Tvedtnes
                World Wide Support
                Family History Department
                Tech Support Phone: 866-406-1830