Some good information
- Today, I was browsing the Family History Online guide and found an entry
for the Family History Memorandum. I had noticed this previously in the
past couple of weeks. For those of you who haven't read it, I will give
1. Loading LANDesk on FHC Computers (Not really new, but explains that
this is how the Family History Department know when to send new
computers to a center).
2. The Family History Department will help you dispose of old or broken
computer equipment and printers.
3. Again, urging all staff members to register on the consultant
website. Will have training for the New Family Search.
4. This one may answer a number of questions about program
compatibility with the Vista operating system. It lists most of the
family history computer programs and how it interfaces with Vista. This
was the result of some preliminary testing.
5. Lists the newest web service affiliate venders
6. Updates information on existing web service affiliates vendors
a. Ancestral Quest 12.0 completely compatible with PAF 5
b. PAF Insight working on translations in Finish, French,
French-Canadian, Norwegian, and Spanish
This is some of the items in the memorandum I thought all would like to
know about. Ask you Director to print a copy of it, if you want more