Some good information

  • Len Ingermanson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2007
      Today, I was browsing the Family History Online guide and found an entry
      for the Family History Memorandum. I had noticed this previously in the
      past couple of weeks. For those of you who haven't read it, I will give
      a synopsis.
      this is how the Family History Department know when to send new
      computers to a center).
      2. The Family History Department will help you dispose of old or broken
      computer equipment and printers.
      3. Again, urging all staff members to register on the consultant
      website. Will have training for the New Family Search.
      4. This one may answer a number of questions about program
      compatibility with the Vista operating system. It lists most of the
      family history computer programs and how it interfaces with Vista. This
      was the result of some preliminary testing.
      5. Lists the newest web service affiliate venders
      a. WorldVitalRecords.com
      b. LivingGenealogy.com
      c. FamilyPursuit.com
      6. Updates information on existing web service affiliates vendors
      a. Ancestral Quest 12.0 completely compatible with PAF 5
      b. PAF Insight working on translations in Finish, French,
      French-Canadian, Norwegian, and Spanish

      This is some of the items in the memorandum I thought all would like to
      know about. Ask you Director to print a copy of it, if you want more
      details.

      Len Ingermanson
      Tucson, AZ