Re: [fhctech] Genealogy CMS - Content Management System [Off-Topic]

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2007
      Have you looked into phpgedview?

      On 7/26/07, jkeagle13@... <jkeagle13@...> wrote:
      Hello!

      Forgive this for being slightly off-topic in nature. I just hope this group might have an answer.

      I am looking to set up a highly interactive genealogy website for our extended family who composes the most computer-illiterate folks you have ever seen. I am thinking sort of a content management system that allows people to upload pictures and gedcoms so that others can peruse through them. Preferably something that can be password protected. I am not sure if such a beast exists or not, but let me know if so!

      Thanks,
      Joseph

    • Steven Niedermeyer

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2007
          Another place to look and test things at is the 'Life
          Browser' at http://www.familysearchlabs.org/ Some
          features don't work yet that you will see, but it will
          give you a good idea.

          There were some questions the other day about it on
          the family history tech forum on
          http://beta.tech.lds.org/ also. Looks like just what
          you may be looking for if they can get it to work
          right, but they want your help to see what they need
          to do.

          AOL.com<http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982>
          > > .

          Got a little couch potato?