Genealogy CMS - Content Management System [Off-Topic]

  • jkeagle13@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2007
      Hello!

      Forgive this for being slightly off-topic in nature. I just hope this group might have an answer.

      I am looking to set up a highly interactive genealogy website for our extended family who composes the most computer-illiterate folks you have ever seen. I am thinking sort of a content management system that allows people to upload pictures and gedcoms so that others can peruse through them. Preferably something that can be password protected. I am not sure if such a beast exists or not, but let me know if so!

      Thanks,
      Joseph

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26, 2007
        Have you looked into phpgedview?

        On 7/26/07, jkeagle13@... <jkeagle13@...> wrote:
        Hello!

        Forgive this for being slightly off-topic in nature. I just hope this group might have an answer.

        I am looking to set up a highly interactive genealogy website for our extended family who composes the most computer-illiterate folks you have ever seen. I am thinking sort of a content management system that allows people to upload pictures and gedcoms so that others can peruse through them. Preferably something that can be password protected. I am not sure if such a beast exists or not, but let me know if so!

        Thanks,
        Joseph

      • Steven Niedermeyer

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 26, 2007
            Another place to look and test things at is the 'Life
            Browser' at http://www.familysearchlabs.org/ Some
            features don't work yet that you will see, but it will
            give you a good idea.

            There were some questions the other day about it on
            the family history tech forum on
            http://beta.tech.lds.org/ also. Looks like just what
            you may be looking for if they can get it to work
            right, but they want your help to see what they need
            to do.

            AOL.com<http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982>
            > > .

            Got a little couch potato?