Re: Accessing ancestry.com at FHC's

  • Russell H.
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
      I wanted to pass on some observations from updating our PCs last
      night.

      I can't remember for sure, but the first PC might have still been
      logged on as FHC for Ancestry.com. But after I finished updating
      that PC and moved on to the others, none of the others were. In
      fact, one PC was logged in with some other name (I logged it out.)

      However, once I logged in the first PC under ancestryinstitution.com,
      all the others were logged in as well - as if that first login IDed
      the center's IP address and now all users to that URL from that IP
      were authorized.

      I'm not sure how I feel about that. My concern is that I'll have to
      re-log in to ancestryinstitution.com every time the center's IP
      changes. That would be a royal pain. Especially since all PCs would
      die until one of them get updated. I'm hoping that each PC set a
      cookie for that site so that it will automatically log in even if the
      IP changes. If only one PC does that successfully, then all of them
      should be good to go.

      Anyone with any experience in how stable the ancestryinstitution.com
      log-ins are?