Re: [fhctech] Doesn't anyone want FREE stuff?

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2001
      Alex,

      Perhaps the easiest way to determine the original memory configuration of a
      system is to use the Memory Selector at www.crucial.com Crucial is a
      leading supplier of Micron memory, we've ordered from them several times and
      have been very satisfied. The Dell website should also have memory
      configuration information.

      We observed an increase in our W98se systems' performance after upgrading
      from 32 MB to 96 MB.

      Lee

      Lodi Stake FHC

      > The peer-to-peer network we are operating uses one of the Church's
      > 350 MHz Omniplex computers which has 32Meg of RAM. I haven't looked at
      that
      > aspect of the computer when I have had the lid off to see how it is
      > configured. I am not sure whether both banks of memory are filled and I
      > don't know if it is 72 pin or 168 pin memory. I can take a look tomorrow,
      > but maybe you might know off the top of your head. Anyway, I am
      interested
      > in more RAM because I think it might be the fact that we only have 32Meg
      of
      > memory that causes the network to bog down sometimes when all the
      computers
      > are in use (the server is also a work station).

    • Rick P
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2001
        Thanks Carol

        I have communicated with Rene before and I agree she is a goldmine. I have a
        query I can't solve and I was hoping she might have a clue

        Rick P