Family Search Indexing results in the FHL Catalog plus other digital collections

  • Rebecca Christensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
      The link below is a long one, but it takes you directly to the FHL Catalog link to the West Virginia Death records available on microfilm from the FHL but also includes a link to the scanned images and the index search on the WV Division of Culture and History for the scanned images.   The WV Deaths were part of  the FamilySearchIndexing project.

      Also, on another note, there are other links showing up in the FHL Catalog to other scanned images.   There are links to some of the scanned books at BYU as well as links to other websites.   If you do a FHL catalog Keyword search using the keyword "digital" plus another keyword you can sometimes find them.   For example, if you do a keyword search using the keywords "Kansas" and "Digital" (without the quotes) you will find FHL catalog entries that also have links to scanned books at BYU and also links to other websites.

      Rebecca Christensen

      ette_scott <ette_scott@...> wrote:
      >>Where does one get the training on Family Search Indexing (is it on
      >>http://www.familyse archindexing. org/en/index. jsp ) ?

      Click the "HELP" tab on familysearchindexing.org :) They have a nice
      little tutorial. Bytheway, I signed up through the webpage, and I got
      an e-mail back with a username and password and was off and indexing
      in just a few days. As far as I know, information from indexing
      projects is slowly being migrated to FamilySearch.org via the
      "Library" tab and "Library Catalog" suboption. Maybe it's the images,
      and not the actual indexing, but some of it is available. Is there a
      genealogy tech out there that could give more light on this?

      Scott H