Re: Making programs avalible to partrons

  • dennis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2006
      Bad day today ;-) I have never worked with administration, is there
      somewhere on fhctech.org or somewhere else that will help me understand it?
      I tried the reset the security described below on our XP computer for
      GenSmarts & there was no "Security tab" but there was an advanced. I posted
      the error on a different message. So if anyone can point me in a direction
      where there is more info on using the administration mode it would be
      greatly appreciated!!!

      Kind of sad the 98 machine is working good, but I can tell I am into
      virtual memory when I use GenSmarts, PAF, and Internet Explorer all at the
      same time.

      Dennis
      Quartzsite AZ

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
        Just to let everyone know I got it working, thanks for everyone's help.
        Dennis

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
          Win95/98 doesn't have any security. They only support FAT16/FAT32 disk
          partitions and those formats do not support Access Control Lists which
          control which users can do what.

          WinXP by default is set to "simple". From Windows Explorer, click on
          "Tools" and "Folder Options". Switch to the "View" tab and scroll all the
          way down. Uncheck "Use simple file sharing". Click OK. You should now
          have the Security and Sharing tabs you're used to in Windows 2000 when you
          have a NTFS disk partition.