Need budget proposal or white paper

  • RHolien@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 1999
      Hi,
      I would like to submit a budget request to the Stake to network the computers
      at our FHC. If anyone can e-mail me one that they did, or a white paper to
      justify a network setup, I would be appreciative.
      Thanks,

      Richard A. Holien
      Salt River Stake Family History Center Director
      Mesa Arizona Salt River Stake
      rholien@...
    • pcombes@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 1999
        I suspect everyone is going to be quite a bit different.

        I'm just starting on changing eight stand alones with four printers and four
        sets of cd's into a network. I got workstations donated from a motel that
        upgraded. They're 486's and need to be upgraded a bit and I will have to
        build a server. I estimate $2080 for this. I can send details when I get
        back to the office where it is on the computer but I imagine every situation
        is going to be quite different.

        If you're talking about doing it the way the commercial network people do
        it, eight work stations and a server with software, etc. would probably run
        $6000 or so for the hardware and lots of time to get it working.

        If you want a copy of the details of what my situation will cost (in
        materials), please respond and I'll send you a copy on Monday. - Pete