7345Re: [fhctech] PAF lesson problem

    Oct 1, 2004
      Beverly wrote:
      > I'm using PAF5.2.18.0 and refer to the Lesson material frequently.
      > Running Windows XP, I recently downloaded and installed the Win XP SP2
      > patch and now I am unable to access the Lessons. When I go to
      > Help>Lessons I get nothing - no new window, no error message- nada.
      > Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions for a cure?
      >
      > Incidentally, I am still able to get to the lessons on another
      > computer that has not yet had the WinXP SP2 patch installed.
      >
      > Beverly

      It is probably the Windows Firewall, which is turned on by default. You
      definitely should be running *some* firewall, but if you have another one -
      ZoneAlarm, Norton, etc. - you can turn off the Windows one. Otherwise you
      probably need to go into the firewall settings and add PAF as a program that
      is allowed Internet access.