5515RE: [fhctech] HP4 laserjet error msg #22 fixed with JetDirect

  • Russell Houlton
    Aug 8, 2003
      >>> PAF 5.2 just spits out pages of a few garbage characters. <<<

      Interesting. PAF uses the Windows printer so I'd expect it to work fine.
      Here's some ideas:

      - Make sure you have the right printer selected as the default printer.
      - Open up that printer and check to see that you have the correct printer
      driver selected. Pay close attention to the type. There is a big
      difference between HP4 and "HP4 PS" Since I doubt if you have any
      PostScript module installed, make sure you're not using a PS driver.
      - Test the printer from the printer driver's "Test Print".
      - Try resetting the printer between jobs. Perhaps something's leaving the
      printer in a strange mode.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic