      From: Help [mailto:help@...]
      Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 3:19 PM
      To: Steven Niedermeyer
      Subject: RE:{LDS#194-297}Missing Ordinances in OI

      The "official statement" on Pre-1970 names did not completely address the question of "Should I re-submit Pre-1970 names?  the following will give more details.

      If the ordinance date you are seeking does not appear, but you have personal knowledge that the ordinance has been performed or believe that it may have been performed, please DO NOT submit the person again for temple ordinance work.

      The International Genealogical Index (IGI) on compact disc sometimes displayed "Pre-1970" in the ordinance field. This indicated that the ordinance was completed before 1970 and that the date of the ordinance was not yet added to the IGI records.

      The IGI on FamilySearch™ Internet contains most of these Pre-1970 ordinance dates. However, if you do not find record of an ordinance, but you know the date it was done, please e-mail us at help@... with the specific information regarding the individual and the ordinance information. This information will be evaluated by Church Headquarters.

      I hope this will be helpful to you.

      Sincerely,
      Family History Support help@...

      **You can now find answers for your questions 24 hours a day!  Simply go to www.familysearch.org and click Product Support to find answers to the most frequently asked questions about your family history products.**