471RE: [fhctech] Inventory Manager Software

  • Rick Prentice
    Aug 1, 2000
      Steve

      Thanks for the feedback. It may explain why we haven't seen it yet in the
      rest of the world.

      But we still have the same sort of problems in managing our inventories and
      in locating the requirement in the first place. The only difference I can
      see at this point in time is that we order from Solihull, Birmingham, UK
      rather than Salt Lake. In some ways it only reinforces the view that
      amendments to the thinking are needed. It would be daft to try to develop a
      UK, German, French, Korean! version (well maybe Korean might be different!).
      At the end of the day you have as much problem finding the correct film for
      a location in Pimlico, London in the FHC in Central London or Birmingham as
      you do in Philadelphia, Calgary or Salt Lake.

      I think that it is understood that you don't support the software at a
      first line level for other than specified use. From the discussions in this
      forum it is clear that we are increasingly providing that facility amongst
      ourselves. I think what many of us would like to see is that you make use of
      our experience and expertise and that YOU help US to improve the service
      that we can give to others. In the same way our customers are becoming ever
      more sophisticated and the questions they ask are more complex. Almost all
      our customers have a computer now and it is very good PR for us to help them
      when we can. All we ask for is help us to help them.

      Rick P