      From: R_Houlton@... [mailto:R_Houlton@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 11:21 PM
      To: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [fhctech] Networking problem

      Just as a thought, how about setting the share on the server to "read
      only"? I'm wondering if the one computer is creating some kind of
      scratch files that are messing up the other stations. The other
      possibility is that the files are being "locked" for read/write access.

      If you set "read only" then the computer will have to treat the files
      the same way as on a CD. It may also solve the locking problem since
      there is no need to lock a file that won't be written to.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic