3930Networking problem

  • Barbara Allen
    Oct 21, 2002
      We have encountered some problem with our network and I hope someone on the
      list has a solution. I first noticed the problem several weeks ago when two
      patrons were both trying to access the Freedman's Bank Records and it
      started asking for a CD. My son and I did a check trying to access it from
      all 4 of our computers and it would only access one and the rest gives us
      the message that you had to have a CD. He checked everything and it is set
      up according the the directions we received from the tech page. We decided
      to further check on several other programs and encountered other problems.
      When several people are using the 1880 census, the first one in gets the
      information and everything is fine but if another patron tries it takes
      forever for the program to come up to the individual search screen. Many
      times the computer freezes and the program never will come up. I had
      noticed this happening with PRF previously but I put it off as just
      something weird with PRF but now I wonder what is going on. We are running
      WIN NT 4 Workstation as our server with 2 Win 95 and 2 Win 98 as our
      clients. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Barbara
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic