13635Re: [fhctech] New Computers

  • Richard N Simonsen
    Jul 28, 2014
      We received 3 machines that would not boot at the Santa Maria California Family History Center.

      The hard drives are not toast.  They just do not have the preloaded programs loaded on them.  You need to request an Image disk from Salt Lake City 1 - 866-406-1830.  Ask for Family History Center Support and then Technical support.
      When you get the image dvd, you will have to follow the instructions that come with it and all will work.  Technical Support can help you if you have any problems.
      Richard

      On 7/28/2014 7:39 PM, Mary Kirgan mary.kirgan@... [fhctech] wrote:

      As a Family History Center Director I was rather surprised to walk into the Center and find four new computers.  One of my earlier comments had been that it would be helpful for our planning if we knew the requirements for getting new equipment and had a schedule of when we could expectt things to be replaced so we could plan and prepare.  I get the feeling that suggestion was ignored.

      Anyway - two computers booted up perfectly and were a joy.  The other two failed to boot, presented a message and a box instructing me to restart.  This appears to be an infinite cycle.  Does anyone know how to interrupt this and get them to boot?  If not, I'll call the Help line and listen to the music and tell my story as many times as needed until someone realizes I really do need tech support.

      Thanks for any help you can give.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic