      From: "Richard N Simonsen simonsen@... [fhctech]" <fhctech@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: 06/03/2014 10:25 PM (GMT-08:00)
      To: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [fhctech] Canon MS300 in Win 7 64 bit

      I have been working for several weeks on installing a Canon MS300 on a Optiplex 7010 that had Windows 7 64 bit.
      I had the same experience that is described in this email.  Evidently the driver for the scanner will not work with with the 64 bit operating system.

      The tech guys in Salt Lake have tried everything.  I was told sometimes that no one has yet to install the Canon scanner on a 64 bit system.  I know believe them.

      Today I installed Windows 7 32 bit.  Then I installed the drivers for the SCSI card and the driver for the Canon scanner.  The driver installed successfully and now all is working well.

      We are not using a RATOC cable.  The scanner is connected to a SCSI PCI CARD we took out of the previous machine.

      Richard Simonsen

      On 6/3/2014 8:06 PM, Gary Templeman gtempleman1@... [fhctech] wrote:

      So close I can smell it....

      Headquarters support emailed me the RATOC driver and it installed
      properly. The converter cable now shows up in Device Manager and is
      shown as working properly.

      Installed the Canon driver and it also completed properly and the
      scanner shows up in Device Manager. So far so good I think.

      Launch XnView and under File_Select Source it sees and I can select the
      Canon TWAIN driver. I am 3 for 3.

      Click Scan and no devices are found. Noooo.....

      The only thing I can think of may be the need to configure the DIP
      switches on the SCSI interface differently for a 64 bit machine. Any
      other ideas of where this last glitch might be? Or does it need
      additional Canon software beyond the driver itself?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic