13621Re: [fhctech] Portal status on new Dell 9020 Computers

  • James W Anderson
    May 4, 2014
      One of two possibilities then.

      1.  The new DNS settings were only started last week according to what I was hearing at LDS Tech, so it is possible these machines were imaged before that was by and large announced.

      2.  Or it is simply possible that when they were imaged, the DNS settings were not known yet.  One way this might have happened is they were sent out before the settings were announced or finalized, and another way is that those doing the imaging had not been given the needed info.

      On Sunday, May 4, 2014 9:56 PM, Russell Hltn <RussellHltn@...> wrote:
      DNS filtering issues is the first thing I thought about.  However, I'd expect new machines to come configured for DHCP which shouldn't be an issue unless something "interesting" is going on with the network.

      If it was set up with a static IP, then perhaps the person installing it used non-approved DNS settings.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic