      From: fhctech@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fhctech@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Russell Hltn
      Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 7:25 PM
      To: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [fhctech] Donated computer

      "Please contact the FamilySearch Support Office for

      the most current minimum standards.

      "Donated hardware can be accepted as charitable

      contributions but not as tithing-in-kind. If a donor needs

      a receipt, it should be provided by the stake. Receipts

      will be issued only for equipment that meets minimum

      specifications.

      "Offers of donated software cannot be accepted unless

      accompanied by valid license documentation.

      "If funds are donated for the purpose of purchasing

      a computer or printer for the family history center, the

      hardware should be ordered through the FamilySearch

      Support Office using the Family History Computer

      Hardware and Software Order Form.

      Send the completed form with a check to the

      FamilySearch Support Office. For current prices of

      computers or printers, please contact the FamilySearch

      Support Office.

      "For more information about donations, please see the

      Family History Center Operations Guide or contact the

      FamilySearch Support Office."

      Personally, I'd accept nothing less then Window 7.  XP is a upgrade liability.

      I don't know as Windows 8 is supported yet.  I don't know as FS ever supported Vista.

      On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM, barryzinn66 <barryzinn66@...> wrote:

      Patron want to donate computer to our FHC. All our existing computers run XP.  This donated machine will be new.  What should the specifications be for use in our FHC? Ram, storage, OS etc?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)