13573Re: [fhctech] Donated computer

    May 31, 2013
      "Please contact the FamilySearch Support Office for
      the most current minimum standards.

      "Donated hardware can be accepted as charitable
      contributions but not as tithing-in-kind. If a donor needs
      a receipt, it should be provided by the stake. Receipts
      will be issued only for equipment that meets minimum

      "Offers of donated software cannot be accepted unless
      accompanied by valid license documentation.

      "If funds are donated for the purpose of purchasing
      a computer or printer for the family history center, the
      hardware should be ordered through the FamilySearch
      Support Office using the Family History Computer
      Hardware and Software Order Form.
      Send the completed form with a check to the
      FamilySearch Support Office. For current prices of
      computers or printers, please contact the FamilySearch
      Support Office.

      "For more information about donations, please see the
      Family History Center Operations Guide or contact the
      FamilySearch Support Office."

      Personally, I'd accept nothing less then Window 7.  XP is a upgrade liability.

      I don't know as Windows 8 is supported yet.  I don't know as FS ever supported Vista.

      On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM, barryzinn66 <barryzinn66@...> wrote:
      Patron want to donate computer to our FHC. All our existing computers run XP.  This donated machine will be new.  What should the specifications be for use in our FHC? Ram, storage, OS etc?

        Subscribe:    fhctech-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: