13178Unsecure wireless

  • Thelmer Smith
    May 2, 2010
      The powerline ethernet system works well; the only drawback is that many of our buildings are wired using at least two divisions of the 220 voltage input and they divide the input into both or several parts of the building.

      If one plugs in on the wrong side of the 220 no signal, or at least a very poor signal will be received on the ethernet.  This can be solved by putting a capacitor between the two legs of the input.  Of course one could move over to the other side of the building.

      Once you get it set up it works fine and is superior to wireless, in my opinion.

      Thelmer Smith
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic