13168Re: [fhctech] Unsecure wireless

    May 1, 2010
      It depends on the client software you're using. You should be able to
      remove all profiles other then the desired one. I don't think it
      should see an open wireless and just grab it without the user's
      permission. (At least there should be a check box that regulates that
      behavior.) The question then becomes, how do you prevent patrons from
      selecting them?

      Do you know what client is managing the wireless for those machines?

      On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM, drepouille <drepouille@...> wrote:
      > I received a message that two FHC computers are connecting to the Internet without going through the firewall VPN. I believe this may be because some FHC computers are connecting to unsecured Wifi signals in the neighborhood of the chapel.
      >
      > What is the best way to ensure these computers only connect to the LDSAccess Wifi, rather than grabbing any available Wifi signal?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Dana

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic