12726Re: Issues with loading FHC DVD XP OS

  • paulbb1
    Feb 4, 2009
      Yes, this should work but why doesn't the DVD work?? I will also have
      to change the other ID/number so they can be on the same LAN. What a
      hassle.
      Thanks
      Arlan Beebe
      --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, Perry E Shumway <perryeshumway@...> wrote:

      > What I do when a hard drive fails in one of our computers is:
      > 1. Remove the hard drive and install it in another computer, as
      close as possible to the same make and model, as a secondary drive
      (change jumpers as required). Boot the computer and run check disk on
      the secondary drive (questionable drive) to make sure it usable.
      > 2. Duplicate the primary drive to the secondary drive using a
      program such as Acronis TrueImage or Symantec's Ghost.
      > 3. Remove the drive and reinstall it in the original computer and
      see if it will boot OK.
      > 4. Go into Device Manager and change the computer name to whatever
      it used to be.
      > Windows should identify any hardware differences between the two
      computers and automatically install drives.

      > There may be a better way but this has worked for me a couple of time.
      >
      > Perry Shumway

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic