11075Re: [fhctech] Windows XP Image upgrade

    Jan 1, 2007
      Lori, you CAN get a copy of the FS installation from FHC Support, and as I
      said in another message, they have a copy designed to install on windows XP.
      You just need to get to the right person to request it. If the people you
      talk to can't seem to help, see if they can transfer you to Mike Tvedtnes or
      Richard Pendry.

      The image the Church sends out is pre-installed with FamilySearch, but it is
      configured with the need to use the CDs, because there is no way they know
      who is networked and how the networks are set up with drive mappings.
      FamilySearch uses multiple configuration files to tell the program where to
      find the data files, and they are difficult to manually edit. As Russell has
      said, one option would be to copy the PAS folder from a working machine, but
      you may still need to make some changes to get the new machines to print to
      the right location. The best option is to get the updated installation CD
      from Salt Lake and use it for the installation. Make sure you have the
      drives mapped FIRST, as they need to be present for the install program to
      find them or the config files do not get created properly.