Re: My motives...

  • fadrian@qwest.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22, 2001
      --- In feyerabend-project@y..., Jerry Weinberg <hardpretzel@e...>
      wrote:
      > >> God knows we have about six billion intelligent companions on
      this planet
      > already<<
      >
      > I was with you all the way until this line.
      >
      > I think it's a serious overestimate, or perhaps we're working on
      > different definitions of "intelligent."

      OK. Last I checked a few years ago, human populaton was around 4.5B.
      Then I heard somewhere that human population had passed the 6B mark.
      I guess I've learned not to trust any bit of flotsam that emerges
      from the media. Next time I'll check.

      OK I did:
      According to the International Programs Center, U.S. Bureau of the
      Census, the total population of the World, projected to 4/23/01 at
      3:28:39 GMT (4/22/01 at 11:28:39 PM EDT) is 6,142,826,127.

      Now whether or not you count all of them as "intelligent", well...