Data minning

  • Brian Marick
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007
      I spent some spare time hanging out with sociologists a few years
      back. One result was a paper on Agile in a sociology book (The Mangle
      in Practice: look for it from your nearest Duke University Press
      outlet sometime “soon”.) The co-editor is going to do research in
      data mining and counterterrorism. He writes:

      The dream of course would be to locate people who have actually
      written data mining programs related to counterterrorism. […] If that
      proves impossible, I would just be interested in interviewing people
      who have experience designing data mining programs for other
      applications.

      If you are such a person, mail me, and I’ll put you two in touch.
      He’s a good guy. He spent time riding in police cars to domestic
      violence calls, sitting in court, talking to perpetrators, etc.
      Interesting stories.

      -----
      Brian Marick, independent consultant
      www.exampler.com, www.exampler.com/blog