OOPSLA 2005

  • jb_gross
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2004
      Well, I know that it's a little early to be talking about the next
      OOPSLA, since 2004 just ended. But with "fearless leader" (sorry
      about the Rocky and Bullwinkle reference) Richard Gabriel at the helm
      of the program committee, I'm wondering what kind of things to
      expect. Anyone have any ideas?

      On a side note, just read an excellent book, _Mixing Methods in
      Psychology: The Integration of Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
      in Theory and Practice_, which came out of a group in psych. at
      the University of Nottingham (Psychology Press, October 2004). Anyone
      doing mixed method research (I'm moving in that direction with HCI
      and cognitive modeling) should definitely read this book. I have a
      review I'm soliciting to HCI outlets at the moment, if you are
      interested, drop me a line and I'll send you a draft copy.

      -Josh
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2004
        You can see what we're planning - at least part of it - here:

        http://dreamsongs.com/OOPSLA2005/Essay.html

        -rpg-
      • Ben Olasov
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
          I'm interested in reading the draft of your review...

          Ben

          --- jb_gross <jb_gross@...> wrote:

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Terms of Service.
        • Mike@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
            I'm very interesting in seeing a draft copy. Is it
            too big for e-mail?

            http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com