RE: What's your vote for the Grand Challenge?

  • Logan, Patrick D
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
      I would choose these three from the list as 15 year Grand Challenges.
      They all appear to be fairly related compared with the others, so their
      union I guess would be my ultimate Grand Challenge.

      4. Scalable Ubiquitous Computing Systems

      The challenge of the project is to establish design principles working
      on a 'build and learn' principle.

      6. Dependable Systems Evolution

      The project aims to establish a scientific foundation to build systems
      whose dependability can be justified, even when it is faced with the
      most extreme threats.

      7. Journeys in Non-Classical Computing

      Working on the basis that biology can operate accurately and safely in
      an open, changing environment, the project will seek to mimic that with
      computers.

      -Patrick