Re: Looking For A Paradigm

  • David Leibs <leibs@neometron.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2002
      Alan, I enjoyed your rant quite a lot.

      I offer up a pointer to a fun essay by Danny Hillis named
      "Intelligence as an Emergent Behavior or, The Songs of Eden"

      http://www.longnow.org/about/articles/ArtEden.html

      I think it speaks to what you mention concerning the link between
      language and cognition.

      Another good essay by Danny is "Richard Feynman and The Connection
      Machine"
      http://www.longnow.org/about/articles/ArtFeynman.html

      I can't get enough of that Feynman character. He is alive in my head
      and talks to me, what a wonderful delusion.

      cheers,
      -David Leibs