CL and modernism

  • Logan, Patrick D
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2002
      >> I have found it strange that Common Lisp is considered a modern language.
      I would
      rather have classified it as a post-modern language. <<

      Common Lisp like Smalltalk *traditionally* have been available as large
      environments that are essentially operating systems unto themselves. This is
      opposed to the post-modern Perl, TCL, Python, Ruby, and JVM languages like
      Jacl, JPython, JScheme, SISC, etc. that combine a little of this with a
      little of that and can play off each other.

      -Patrick