From Lisp to ???

  • Logan, Patrick D
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2002
      Getting this conversation back on-topic... I think Lisp is a good vehicle to
      get to the next thing, but we should not mistake it for the next thing.

      Something interesting I read this weekend...

      http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html

      Paul Graham's simple statistical approach to handling spam. This is an
      example of the little bits and pieces that can be used in new ways. It was
      easy for him to prototype it in Lisp. The solution is beyond Lisp, Lisp was
      the vehicle for his thought process.

      How else can these little ideas be strung together into new and simpler ways
      of doing useful things?

      -Patrick