Re: FW: [XP] Lisp's attractions (was: Polymorphism)

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2002
      Hi Mike,

      Thanks for your comments!

      Mike Beedle wrote:

      > Pascal:
      >
      > Thanks for the intro to Lisp. Lots of good info there.
      >

      > Though I have ran with a variety of Lisp environments, my
      > preferred environment these days, btw, is Allegro Franz Lisp
      > 6.2 with AllegroServ running on both Linux and WinXP. I like
      > a lot of their libraries/extensions.

      How does it compare to LispWorks? I am running Lisp on a Mac, so I don't
      know what to recommend for Windows, Linux or other machines...

      http://www.pascalcostanza.de Römerstr. 164, D-53117 Bonn (Germany)
    • Mike Beedle
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2002
        Pascal Costanza wrote:
        > Hi Mike,
        >
        > Thanks for your comments!
        >
        > Mike Beedle wrote:
        > >
        > > Pascal:
        > >
        > > Thanks for the intro to Lisp. Lots of good info there.
        > >

        > > Though I have ran with a variety of Lisp environments, my
        > > preferred environment these days, btw, is Allegro Franz Lisp
        > > 6.2 with AllegroServ running on both Linux and WinXP. I like
        > > a lot of their libraries/extensions.
        >
        > How does it compare to LispWorks? I am running Lisp on a Mac, so I don't
        > know what to recommend for Windows, Linux or other machines...

        Pascal:

        Good question -- I don't know. I used to run LispWorks about
        5 years ago, but haven't even taken a look a it lately.
        (LispWorks is the old Lucid compiler underneath so it
        definitely had a good start.)

        - Mike