586ELS 2014 Registration now open / 2nd Call for papers

  • Didier Verna
    Feb 11, 2014
      ELS'14 - 7th European Lisp Symposium
      IRCAM, Paris, France

      May 5-6, 2014

      http://www.european-lisp-symposium.org/

      Latest News:

      * Registration is now open. Early registration fee until April 13.
      See http://www.european-lisp-symposium.org/content-registration-full.html

      * Submission deadline is approaching. Still one month to submit a paper!

      * Thanks to our new sponsors, Lispworks and Franz Inc.!
      http://www.lispworks.com/
      http://franz.com/

      The purpose of the European Lisp Symposium is to provide a forum for
      the discussion and dissemination of all aspects of design,
      implementation and application of any of the Lisp and Lisp-inspired
      dialects, including Common Lisp, Scheme, Emacs Lisp, AutoLisp, ISLISP,
      Dylan, Clojure, ACL2, ECMAScript, Racket, SKILL, Hop and so on. We
      encourage everyone interested in Lisp to participate.

      The 7th European Lisp Symposium invites high quality papers about
      novel research results, insights and lessons learned from practical
      applications, and educational perspectives. We also encourage
      submissions about known ideas as long as they are presented in a new
      setting and/or in a highly elegant way.

      Topics include but are not limited to:

      - Context-, aspect-, domain-oriented and generative programming
      - Macro-, reflective-, meta- and/or rule-based development approaches
      - Language design and implementation
      - Language integration, inter-operation and deployment
      - Development methodologies, support and environments
      - Educational approaches and perspectives
      - Experience reports and case studies

      Please note that IRCAM, the conference venue, is a French institute
      for research on music and acoustics. Submissions relating Lisp to
      music or other acoustical matters will hence be particularly welcome,
      although given no heightened favor during the review process.

      We invite submissions in the following forms:

      Papers: Technical papers of up to 8 pages that describe original
      results or explain known ideas in new and elegant ways.

      Demonstrations: Abstracts of up to 2 pages for demonstrations of
      tools, libraries, and applications.

      Tutorials: Abstracts of up to 4 pages for in-depth presentations about
      topics of special interest for at least 90 minutes and up to 180
      minutes.

      The symposium will also provide slots for lightning talks, to be
      registered on-site every day.

      All submissions should be formatted following the ACM SIGS guidelines
      and include ACM classification categories and terms. For more
      information on the submission guidelines and the ACM keywords, see:
      http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates and
      http://www.acm.org/about/class/1998.

      Important dates:

      - TODAY: Mark your calendar. Start planning now!
      - 09 Mar 2014: Submission deadline
      - 31 Mar 2014: Notification of acceptance
      - 13 Apr 2014: Early registration deadline
      - 21 Apr 2014: Final Papers due
      - 05 May 2014: Symposium. Join us there!

      Programme chair:
      Kent Pitman, Hypermeta Inc., U.S.A.

      Local chairs:
      Didier Verna, EPITA Research Lab, France
      Gérard Assayag, IRCAM, Paris, France

      Programme committee:
      To be announced later

      Local organizers:
      Daniela Becker, EPITA Research Lab, France
      Sylvie Benoit, IRCAM, Paris, France

      Search Keywords:

      #els2014, ELS 2014, ELS '14, European Lisp Symposium 2014,
      European Lisp Symposium '14, 7th ELS, 7th European Lisp Symposium,
      European Lisp Conference 2014, European Lisp Conference '14

      Ircam STMS Lab, IRCAM / CNRS / UPMC

      --
      Please help crowdfund my next Jazz quartet album !!
      http://www.kisskissbankbank.com/quartet-the-second-album

      Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info