Re: urethra blockage

  • Bruce Williams, DVM
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      --- In ferrethealth@yahoogroups.com, "leah" <ferretmaiden@...> wrote:

      > just to let you now that my little man has been to the vets
      > whilst he was at the vets bandit had a ultra scan to find out what was
      > going on and they found a large abscess in his abdomen which they
      drained
      > they think this is why he was finding it very hard to go to the toilet
      > and if it comes back they will be sending the puss of for testing but
      > fingers crossed it dont
      > hes on MARBOCYL for 10 days
      > hes got to go back on Tuesday for a check up,
      > thanks leah and bandit

      Dear Leah:

      The abscess is likely in the prostate (this is the reason that he
      couldn't urinate - it is a very classic symptom), so you are likely
      also dealing with adrenal disease and prostatic disease, not just a
      simple abscess. I think you should look at adrenal disease and
      treating the prostate directly, otherwise you will unforatunately be
      back in the same boat in a couple of weeks, as the abscess refills.

      with kindest regards,

      bruce williams, dvm